Already Had a (not so great) Boudoir Shoot?- It’s Time to Give It Another Shot.
When you book a boudoir photoshoot, you’re putting a lot of trust into the hands of your photographer. Not only are you entrusting them with your dreams of how your photos will turn out, but it’s taking up a whole lot of courage to show off your sexy self.
If the final images aren’t everything you ever dreamed of, it’s totally fair to be disappointed. You might even feel a little bit betrayed. But don’t let that stop you from trying boudoir again! Whatever the reason for your photos not being everything you wanted, you should give boudoir photography another shot. Here’s why:
1. Experienced hands will always win One of the most common reasons that people find themselves not loving their photography is because the photographer they’ve paired with is under experienced. There’s nothing wrong with getting a fun photoshoot from a photographer who is just starting out, but the rule holds true: You get what you pay for. Make sure you do your research on how long a photographer has been in the industry if you want to get the most out of your shoot.
2. You deserve to have photos you love When it comes down to it, you deserve to have photos you l-o-v-e. A great way to gauge what you’re signing up for is to take a look at the portfolio of the photographer you’re looking to hire. Is she/he consistent in her/his work? Is this the kind of sessions/photos you picture for yourself? Read recommendations, testimonials, and make sure they all line up with what you’re looking for.
3. Getting back on the horse is healthy Remember that initial excitement when you booked your first boudoir session? You can have that again! Throw those terrible photos in the fire if you need to. Nobody needs to know. Getting back in the game is a part of being a healthy, happy, beautiful woman and we’re here to support you along the way.
4. Teamwork makes the dream work At KAP Boudoir we have an amazing team that will make you glow even more than you already do before you even step foot in front of our camera. From makeup to hair, it’s our mission to bring out that inner glow that’s been hidden within. When you’re looking for a new boudoir photographer make sure they’re going to treat you like the goddess you are.
5. Do it for YOU, not for him There’s a myth going around that you should do this for him and that’s BS. Do it for YOU and IF you have a him in your life, let him think it’s for you. But, it should be for YOU and he’s just the bonus. When it comes down to it, boudoir is about YOU feeling beautiful, inside and out.
No matter why you found your first boudoir experience to be less than amazing, we’re happy you found us and would be honored to work with you to show you how amazing you are. For more tips and tricks, or for any questions you might have about how we take boudoir to the next level, feel free to reach to Kimberly by simply filling out the contact form below this post.
If you have not already, feel free to join our Ladies Only VIP Facebook Group. Be the first to see sneak peeks, specials, contests, laughs and much much more!
Have questions or thinking about having your own amazing shoot? I’d love to chat more about your boudoir experience. Simply fill out the contact form below and Kimberly will be in touch.